Friday, April 10, 2009

Strut Bar DIY Penitensya

Minor Kamot : Aluminum Tierra Strut Bar

I've recently bought a strut bar for my Lynx. My officemate offered it to me, naka-sale raw kasi yung isa sa mga supplier na kakilala nya. I got it for a very cheap price *wink*. I didn't expect a good item at first because of the price, I just wanted to test the improvement kapag mayroong strut bar. But when I saw it I was very impressed, shiny aluminum strut bar with the "Tierra" logo (I think Tierra is the Lynx's counterpart in Taiwan, not sure though). . I thought of DIYing it during the holy week break.

Holy Week Penitensya:



















The Tierra Strut Bar:

















Strut Bar and its function:
Based from my research, A strut bar is designed to reduce strut tower flex by tying two parallel strut towers together. This transmits the load of each strut tower during cornering via tension and compression of the strut bar which shares the load between both towers and reduces chassis flex. Thus stabilizing the car and improves cornering. (Salamat kay Wikipedia, hehehehe)

You could also refer to Ultra Racing's website for visual explanation.

Having researched this, I immediately thought "Kailangan ko ito, especially kapag aakyat ako ng Subic kasi zigzag."

Installing the Strut Bar:
As curious and willing to learn as I am, I decided na i-DIY ko na lang yung pagkabit sa strut bar para ma-experience ko naman mangalikot ng kotse. Ayun after 3 grueling hours, naikabit ko siya.. Sobrang tagal no? Hindi ko kasi alam yung tamang orientation kaya I tried both ways.

Strutbar installation mission - Success!


















No comments:

Post a Comment