Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's Summer Tint!

Happened last March 12 :-)
Well it's already summer here in the Philippines and the sun is scorching hot. My A/C is working so hard to give me a comfortable ride. Plus my girlfriend will be visiting me soon, so I thought of having my windshield tinted and the side and back tint replaced since they are very light colored. I thought that by doing this, it can ease a little load from my A/C. I decided that I will have 3M tints installed, the side and back tints will be medium black and the windshield will have a light black tint

Upon arriving at Maspro (an accessories shop at Banawe, near E. Rodriguez), I asked suggestions from the shop owner what tint color would be perfect for the summer, he said "Have the magic tint installed. Unlike the single toned black (super black, medium black, etc.) it doesn't absorb that much heat since the outside color will be silver. Also, you will still have the shade of black tint". The shop is offering 2 brands of tint, 3M and SolarGard.

3M only have 2 colors for the Magic Tint, the Black and the Neutral
Black while SolarGard offers more variety of colors for the Magic Tint, the Super Black, Medium Black and Neutral Black. I really wanted super black, however, I haven't heard of the "SolarGard" brand. So I asked if the SolarGard brand is good, he replied that his clients who went from 3M to SolarGard were very satisfied with the tint. Plus, he only gives 2 year warranty for 3M while 5 year warranty for SolarGard (warranty covers discoloration and bubbles). Did I mention that SolarGard is 25% cheaper than 3M? :-)

So I decided to go for the Magic Tint of the SolarGard brand: Windshield - Medium Black, Sides and Back - Super Black.

The result: I am very very impressed with the tint, because when you stand outside, you can barely see what's inside of the car. But when you're inside, it's like you don't have a tint on. :-)

Pictures to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment