Happened 1-2 weeks ago :-)
Recently, I've noticed that my idling is kind of erratic and my belts are squealing during cold starts.
The Problem: Erratic Idling
When I start my car, the RPM shoots up to 2,000rpm then drops up to the point that my engine chokes and then the RPM will shoots up again to 1000+rpm. Also I am having trouble finding the "timpla" of the clutch and gas when coming from a full stop (in other words, I am choking my engine most of the time when I am moving from a full stop). So I have to press the gas more thus, consuming more fuel.. pfffftttt....
The Solution: Clean Sensors and Throttle Body
I consulted Kiper - a Ford Club Philippines' (FCP) member who own a car repair shop near our house, he told me that the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor and the Throttle body are the usual causes of erratic idling. So I went to his shop and had all the sensors and the throttle body cleaned . Voila! My ride is so smooth again,
Another Problem: Squealing Belts
I also had this squealing belt problem everytime I move from a cold start, which is kinda weird considering that my belts are newly replaced. However, the squealing would stop after the car gains momentum. This squealing occurs at random.
The Solution: Re-tension/Re-tighten the belts
This one I consulted with Migs - Owner of SpeedyFix, he told me that new belts have a tendency to loosen a little after a week or two after installation because of the engine heat. He told me that I could come to his shop anytime to have the belts tightened for no cost at all. So that's what I did and so far no squeals yet.. :-)
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment