Happened a couple of days ago
This time it's not with my car, it's with my health. Lately, I have been noticing blood on the tissue after taking a dump. Worst, a couple of blood droplets dropped when I was trying to take a dump after eating too much marjolaine cake.
Out of fear that something inside me is bleeding, I told my girlfriend the problem (she's a student nurse by the way) and advised me to go to a Gastroenterologist (geez, how do you spell this?) . That's what I did, I went to Dr. Pineda of Capitol Medical at Quezon Avenue. After some interview, he told me that blood is not good especially if it comes from your @ss, it may be caused by hemorrhoids, or maybe an internal bleeding caused by polyps, or even cancer (Based from his experience, he had a 24 year old patient with colon cancer - Oh crap! This is scary). He also told me that the blood may come and go for sometime, but we need to be sure of the cause. So he did a rectal examination he found no blood. He told me that I need to undergo sigmoidoscopy, a procedure similar to endoscopy, which will confirm what caused the bleeding. He scheduled me the next day and gave me some laxative to clean up my colon in preparation for the procedure.
So I did some research on the procedure (which you can find upon clicking the previous link), and I told myself, "WTF, do I really need to undergo this procedure? Maybe the blood drop is just a fluke..". But then his word flashed back "My youngest patient who was diagnosed with colon cancer is only 24 years old" I got scared and told myself, "I don't want to die young. If this is serious, I need to know it immediately so I can treat it early"
The next day, I had the procedure.. I asked not to be sedated because I will be driving afterwards... Which is a big mistake because the procedure was painful and very uncomfortable (not to mention that a lady gastroenterologist was doing the procedure, she is under Dr. Pineda - forgot her name). But I was very happy with the results, No polyps were found, no cancerous tumors too. :-) I only have an inflammed portion near the rectum. Dr. Pineda told me that this will become hemorrhoids when not treated early. He prescribed a suppository to cure the inflammation and a laxative to soften up my feces, advised me to avoid sitting for long periods of time, avoid eating spicy foods and avoid tight briefs LOL.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment